Monday, October 29, 2012

Scrap Friends Sketch No 6

Ok, just finished my take on Sketch #6 over at Scrap Friends. Just got it done in time!
October has been a killer month of  "Life" mayhem so failed to get too much done. Even this post is going to have to be a quickie!!!! So without further ado here is the cool sketch:




And here is my take on it.... my crazy man child!!!

Used a variety of Scrap FX chippies and also their super cool chevron stencil!
 Scrap FX chippies feature highly, and Sawyers Place tapes make up the rest of the embellishments.

The title here is a newbie in the Scrap FX range, just love the Font!
 I experimented with the stencil, lightly spraying, then outlining with a fineliner to add a little definition. I further "grunged" up the background by randomly stamping and spraying over an alpha stencil.

Cannot go past the mini retro flowers as an embellishment,
and as if to proove I do not throw anything away,
the circles are the "Holes" that pop out of the centers
of the other variety of retro flowers in the pack (if you know what I mean).
 I used black Perfect Pearls, to randomly add dots to the page and a cream colour to the centers of the flowers.

 Could not resist adding a few PP chevron cut outs, with a bit of doodling for further grunge!


A closer look at that perfect title for my child with personality to spare!!!!


 Found it hard to quit with my fineliner once I got started!


An oldie, but definately a goodie, when it comes to the underline flourish chippie!
Well this started out being a quickie post but once again cannot help myself with the chatting thing! Enough already!!!! Gotta go need to dash to the supermarket in order to feed the ravenous ones!

Regards to all & thanks for stopping by,

7 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, so much to look at. Love the sketches at Scrapfriends and you have done a amazing layout with it
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!!! I really love all the elements and all the "can't stop" doodling and drawing around the elements! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous page! love your page! thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is such a fab layout, I just love the background and how all the elements work together. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB take on the sketch Michelle.. absolutely love the background work! ..thanks so much for joining in at SF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing monochromatic layout. Just love all the details! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous layout with us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your win at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!