Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"Presence of Wonder........", art journal play for Colour Blast.

Hey everyone, 
I am back with my latest Art Journal Page playing with loads of Colour Blast goodies!
So with out further Hoo Ha here is the page:

So here is a step by step how I created it:

Glue down tissue with Gel Medium. I have used an old sewing pattern. Once dry I added a wash of white Gesso making the  black lines recede into the background.

 

Once dry I splashed around some colour using the vibrant  Colour Sprays. I started with the lighter colours then moving progressively darker. I added water between colours to move the splashes around creating a water colour effect. The colours I used are SaffronSunsetBubblegum and Grape.

 
Move the page around creating "drippage" and merging colours to get some interesting merging puddles of colour.


 Once dry I wanted to add a little shine to the page so I sprayed with Colour Shimmer Spray in Bling. It adds a wonderful subtle shine!

Next it is time for my favourite Colour Paste, Bling, used through a stencil along the edges of the page.

 

You can see all that wonderful shimmer that the Bling Shimmer Spray gives!

Once dry, I added some stamped images using archival ink across the page. 


I added strips of old book paper to add a little dimension.

    Adding the finishing touches, torn washi tape,  a small quote strip, stamped small butterflies to flutter across the double page and a large Butterfly Silhouette.



         And that my friends is it, Art Journal Page done and dusted!
         A very simple quick and easy process, why not give it a go? 
        Here are a few detailed shots for you all. 

         


         



        Thanks so much for dropping by!
        Michelle





        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!